Friday, February 17, 2006

A brief dialogue between me and my lovely wife circa 7:30 last night...

(Enter car. Dad puts Skinny Puppy’s “Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse” into the CD player. Music begins: “One Time One Place”)

Mom: Who is this?

Dad: Skinny Puppy

Mom: Hmmm. I like it. It’s a lot like Yaz.

Dad: (smiles quietly to himself...says nothing)

(Nivek Ogre’s vocals begin: “in the rain collapse cross out which way will we go…”)

Mom: WHAT THE F**K IS THAT?!?!?

Dad: Singer. Ogre.

Mom: You call that SINGING?

Dad. Nah…vocalizing.

Mom: Oh my gosh…

Dad: Think of my poor mother when I was 17 and had this blaring throughout the house.

Mom: Ugh...your poor mother

Dad: Heh heh heh…(thinks he sees daughter dancing a little in the rearview).

The End...

I’m so looking forward to corrupting my daughter’s music tastes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home