Monday, January 09, 2006

You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold, you're Daddy's little girl to have and to hold...

After I moved to Atlanta, one of my greater disappointments was losing access to The Howard Stern Show. For many years, I listened to Howard, Robin and the rest of the crew every morning. Most of the time, I was able to catch all 4 hours of the show. It was tuned in on my alarm clock and car stereo and I always kept a radio in my office so that I could catch the rest of the show.

Unfortunately, Atlanta has, perhaps, the worst radio line-up in the country. The only decent morning show is “The Regular Guys” and I usually listened to them on my morning commute. Unfortunately, they were thrown off the radio for one year because of a stunt gone bad. It was around this time that I installed an XM satellite radio in my car.

Satellite radio is, unquestionably, one of the greatest things to happen to cars since electronic fuel injection and 4 valves per cylinder.

Unfortunately, my old buddy Howard signed up with the OTHER satellite service and I have no access to his show. ‘Tis a shame as I’d love to hear if he addressed this situation at all.

Howard’s oldest daughter Emily has apparently, for the past several weeks, been performing in a stage play in which she spends 10 minutes wearing nothing but a spotlight. She dropped out when her identity became public. Not quickly enough, apparently, as clips of her (non-nude but very crude) performance are making the rounds. In fact, Opie and Anthony (XM Morning guys) are now using this clip as part of a contest.

You’ve gotta love the irony of this. A man who has made a career out of exploiting women is now upset because his own daughter has put herself in a position to be exploited by other men…men not unlike himself.

Karma is a bitch. And, being aware of this fact, please let me take a moment to apologize to any woman I ever treated badly from age 10 until age 28. Although I’m certain some cretin is going to treat my daughter badly at some point in her life, I hope that those occurrences are kept to a minimum.

One parting thought:

If Emily had no problem being au naturel in front of hundreds (possibly thousands) of people, why would she be so upset at the prospect of nekkid pictures of her being in cyberspace? Personally, I’ve found that being in the presence of real live hooties is infinitely more titillating than a picture.

Probably comes down to cash. The theatergoers paid to see her in all her glory.

Ten-to-one she has a layout and a million bucks in her pocket within the next 6-9 months. Daddy’s little girl indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home