Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloweenie

A little humor to start off your Halloween day. Not saying, by any stretch, that I agree with all of these:

Top 10 reasons why Halloween is better than sex:

10. You're guaranteed to get a little something in the sack.

9. The uglier you are, the easier it is to get some.

8. It doesn't matter if the kids hear you moaning and groaning.

7. Less guilt the morning after.

6. It doesn't matter if they fantasize you're somebody else, because you are.

5. Forty years from now, you'll still enjoy candy.

4. If you don't get what you want, you can always go next door.

3. If you get tired, you can wait 10 minutes and go again.

2. You don't have to compliment the person who gives you some.

1. You can do the whole neighborhood!

According to the news reports this morning, Atlanta will experience the worst commute of the year this evening. Great. In Atlanta, a light traffic day (especially to the northern 'burbs) is abysmal at best. I'm supposed to pick up "Dee Dee Doodlebop" (KT's Halloween alter ego) rom the sitter by 5:00 this afternoon. Guess I should leave the office by 2:30 this afternoon.

Too busy to do much web surfing this morning but the story of the day seems to be Uncle George's newest nomination to the Supreme Court. Three things I've noticed which leads me, in my completely novice opinion, to believe that this was a good choice:

1. Sam Alito has a fantastic resume;

2. There's no evidence (yet) of love letters written by Alito to Dubya over the past two decades;

3 The moonbats on the left are peeing all over themselves because of this. Anything that pisses off Ted Kennedy has GOT to be a good thing.

Regarding item number 2, I'm sure Miers is a wonderful person and brilliant lawyer. She seems to have proven the former by graciously asking for the withdrawl last week. Unfortunately, though, her nomination was the straw that broke the camel's back with me and caused me to question my love for GWB.

This morning's nomination of a well-qualified, conservative judge, which doesn't just smack of cronyism, has restored a little faith.

As my dad used to tell me, "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at your actions..."

Glad to see GW made better choices this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home